Solar Energy Panels for Steel Buildings
Steel buildings have taken the construction world to an all together different level with their innovative features and efficiency. The global construction and infrastructural circuit is now brimming over with an overwhelming number of steel structures. Varied kinds of steel structures such as steel commercial buildings, steel garages, steel warehouses, steel barns, steel storage huts, steel hangars and steel residential buildings are making their presence felt throughout the globe.
With such a staggering number of steel prefabricated buildings making it big in the infrastructural world, the question of the energy requirements to be met, comes into consideration. One easy way of cutting down your energy expenses is the introduction and installation of solar panels onto your steel building structures.
Let us now take a dig at the functioning of these solar energy panels, that help curtail our energy expenditures to a large extent.
Following is a brief description about the functioning of solar power panels, used for energy generation in steel buildings:
- Solar panels generate electricity making use of the atomic-level properties of silicon. The solar energy cells utilize the natural sun light that falls on their exposed surface, and generate electricity out of it.
- On an average day, the sun emits about 1000 watts of energy per square meter of the earth’s surface.
- When the sunlight falls over and strikes the solar energy cell, a certain portion of it is absorbed by the semiconductor material in it, which is silicon in this case.
- Due to this the absorbed solar energy is transferred to the solar energy panel’s semiconductor material.
- The absorbed solar energy then knocks the electrons out of their orbits, and allow them free movement.
- The electric field present in these photo voltaic cells then attracts these free electrons, and drives them collectively in a certain direction.
- This channelized flow of electrons results in the production of current. The energy thus produced by the solar energy panel, can be tapped to draw current using metal contacts.
This is how the solar energy panels installed atop the steel building structures help in the generation of electricity by making use of the renewable, solar energy. Solar energy panels not only help us conserve our non-renewable energy sources but also help in curtailing our ever-multiplying energy expenditures by a large extent.
All in all, installing solar energy panels on your steel buildings will make them eco-friendly and energy efficient.
About the author:
City Steel Buildings is an online portal, a nexus between the buyers and the sellers, it helps you clinch the best of the deals in your preferred area in the US. Getting you connected with the experts, CitySteelBuildings.com (link to: http://www.citysteelbuildings.com/) offers the free quotes with an absolutely No-obligation consultancy.
© Copyright, CitySteelBuildings.com. All rights reserved.
This Article is a Copyright of CitySteelBuildings.com. Republishing & syndication of this article is granted only with the due credit, as mentioned, retained in the republished article. Permission to reprint or republish does not waive any copyright. The text, hyperlinks embedded in the article and headers should remain unaltered. This article must not be used in unsolicited mail.